12 pole line

Mon Jul 18 07:30:10 EDT 2016

I am planning a trip to follow the roadbed of the 12 pole line from Lenore
to Wayne to see what might be left from the N&W.  I believe Dingess tunnel
was built by the railroad, and on Google Maps there looks like another
tunnel a couple miles South of Breeden that may have been N&W.  There
should be several bridges crossing 12 pole creek along this route and I am
hoping that some of them are the original work of the railroad.  I would be
very grateful for any information on what n&w structures still remain and
also any advice on following the roadbed.  It appears that in some places
no auto road was built on the old line or that in the intervening years any
road that might have existed has been removed.  Has anyone explored this
area?  What should I watch out for?
Thanks,
Jim Cochran