Location ID Help

Wed Jul 27 08:51:55 EDT 2016

Jeff

I don't truly know the circumstances of the move, but it is a streamline K2 as second locomotive. It was well recorded, as I've got two (I think) John Krause photos of the same move at Montvale or slightly east of Montvale. I suspect that the K2 was being moved west for Roanoke Shops as it is obviously still under steam. Sadly, Krause never bothered to put dates on any of his negatives, so an actual date is difficult without notes.

I was not sure of the exact location, but I'd agree with Ray and Aubrey, it fits the location, but it seems to be a pretty infrequently photographed location.

Ken Miller