N&W Steam Locomotive Builders Plates

Thu Aug 4 07:18:04 EDT 2016

Yes, I believe you have found the answer. I had not seen that photo before. Thanks.
I do wonder why they moved the plates to under the running board.

James Flummer

Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:41 PM
To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: Re: N&W Steam Locomotive Builders Plates

Could it have been here?

Jimmy Lisle

Moderator:

On 8/3/2016 7:25 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:
I was viewing Bill Gordon’s “Norfolk and Western Railway” album on Flickr this morning. One of his magnificent photos  is of”Y6a” 2156 at the Boaz pusher siding in May, 1958. In the comments Section, it was mentioned that 2156 had no builders plates.
I have viewed many N&W “Y” Class photos and slides and have noticed an absence of builders plates.
Where were the plates?
Did the Company scrap them while steam was operating?
If not on the locomotives, were the plates kept somewhere in the Roanoke Shops?

Thanks,

James Flummer