Pulaski District Signals

Wed Oct 5 16:07:49 EDT 2016

Jeff,

This doesn’t answer your question directly, but usually PLS were brought in when CTC was installed.  I can talk about CTC.

The 1945 and 1946 N&W annual reports stated that 98 miles of CTC was completed which included work on extending the passing sidings on the Bristol line for increasing capacity on this single track line.

Radford had PLS but the traffic was controlled by a dispatcher between Walton and JC (just west of Radford before crossing New River).  CTC of the Bristol line ran from JC to Bristol.

Bud Jeffries