"J" 600 and My Grandfather

Sun Nov 27 08:09:08 EST 2016

Dear Members,

After many years, I was able to obtain a copy of The Locomotive Engineers
Journal for April 1944.  On the bottom of page 238 it shows a picture of
the "J" 600 with a caption.  W.E. Ackinson was my grandfather and he told
about this run many times.

If any one can provide any information on my grandfather, W. E. Ackinson,
that trip of the "600", Scioto Division or the "Cavalier" of that time or
where I could obtain a better copy of the April edition of The Locomotive
Engineers Journal, I would be most appreciative.  Thank you.

George Reifenberg

gwreif at hotmail.com

<gwreif at hotmail.com>

Moderator: