Virginia Creeper Whistle

Sat Dec 17 13:46:30 EST 2016

Jason

   I knew Lee and had the pleasure of blowing the Nichols whistle several  times.  Photograph it and made tracings and measurements it was Lee’s intent for it to go to the Smithsonian for whatever reason that did not happen. Probably was a blessing because no one would have ever seen it again. At one point his daughter offered it for sale she may have been just fishing to see what it was worth, Then the family donated it to VMT (Big Mistake) and now they don’t seem to know anything about it or where it is. I second what Ron and Will said anyone giving an origination  like VMT a bell, whistle or builders plate is a fool. This stuff resides better in private collections.

Larry Evans

Kenova WV