electrified location

Sun Jan 15 07:51:16 EST 2017

Can anyone help identify the location of this photo currently on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-NEGATIVE-Neg-A740-1950s-N-W-Norfolk-Western-Articulated-Steam-Coal-/272519614252?hash=item3f736f4f2c:g:HScAAOSwnHZYd6rk

Note the grade crossing with road paralleling the tracks to the rear of the
train.  Catenary support with "stop and stay" signals would seem to
indicate sidings to the rear of the train.
The "38L/S" and "40L/S" labels under the signals, I believe had something
to do with corresponding "levers" in a switch tower or by this time
electric switches on the control panel used to select a specific route
through and interlocking plant.  Did the "S" refer to a switch?  I would
welcome all information on these designations from you signal guys out
there, especially gospodeen Abe.
Jim Cochran