Old Bridge Near Roderfield, WV

Mon Feb 6 06:56:42 EST 2017

 Attached are several photos of a bridge that carries WV 7 (Davy Roderfield
Rd) across the Tug Fork between Marytown and Roderfield.  Was this part of
an old mainline alignment or was this a branch line?  I'm also curious
about the mileage markings on the bridge.  It was painted "1.28" in two
different locations using two different fonts.

I'd previously inquired about the old tunnel and two bridges at Twin
Branch.  Those had mileage markings of 5.20 and 5.32.  One of which was
barely discernable.  The mileage increased from west to east.  They sure
look like railroad markings and I've never seen anything like this applied
by a state DOT on bridges.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Jeff Hawkins

Moderator: