Signals

Tue Mar 14 10:09:18 EDT 2017

My personal favorite is steam locomotives in electrified territory "smoking
up the catenary".

Edk:
Not on the N&W, but rather on the Virginian -- Merrimac Tunnel is in
the neighborhood of being a mile long (I don't have track charts with me).
The operator at Merrimac stated that when Virginian's passenger train
exited the west portal, "lightning" could be seen going down the stack.
                                                                                   Harry Bundy