Watch Fob & decoration

Thu Apr 6 13:15:12 EDT 2017

The attached photo is of my great-grandfather's watch pocket. He has both a
watch chain (metal) and a watch fob (ribbon). Attached to the fob is a
decorative "piece" (also called a fob). Since he worked for the Shenandoah
Valley Rwy, N & W, Seaboard Air Line, the Virginian, and Baldwin Locomotive
Works, I thought the decorative piece might have some connection to the
railroad industry. Does anyone recognize it?

BTW, I am very appreciative of the ability to "lurk" on this list serve and
learn from such knowledgeable folks. I have been reading the journals from
the Master Mechanics Association and the Master Car Builder's Association
and am learning just how complicated railroading is.

Thank you for sharing your collective knowledge with a greenhorn.

Peter

Peter R. R. Getz
Rockwall, Texas

Moderator: