BH Tower, Walton: Thoughts on Mr. Gordon's Photo of thee CTC Machine

Fri Apr 28 08:45:47 EDT 2017

I've not specifically heard of the Huckleberry going to Elliston, but I think it is entirely possible. The Salem Shifter, on rare occasion, ran to Elliston, why I am not certain, but perhaps to drop a car for the Huckleberry, or pick up a car. I have two or three different photos  from different photographers that show a mixed train at Arthur and Elliston with a class M, and since that was the only mixed train, at least late in the steam era, I'd have to suspect it was the Huckleberry.

Ken Miller