Rural Retreat Depot Celebration

Thu May 25 15:54:21 EDT 2017

Greetings,
The Rural Retreat Depot restoration is nearing completion and being readied
for our October 15th Grand Opening as a Museum and Community Event Center.
But it is ready-enough now to host our Appalachian Culture Day on
Wednesday, June 14. That day marks the opening of the 5th season of our
Farmers Market at the Depot, accompanied by live clogging lessons and show,
and performances by well-known local musical artists Elizabeth LaPrelle,
Jim Lloyd and Wayne Henderson. The Depot will be open for tours and the
Hokie Bird will be there as well for family photos. The Market opens at
1:30 PM in the Depot and around the Rural Retreat Town Flat, and
entertainments starts at 3 PM and runs until 8 PM. Admission is free, and
food is available for purchase, but bring a lawn chair to enjoy the show.
Our Appalachian Culture Day at the Depot is part of the Crooked Road
Mountains of Music Homecoming week. Please join us!

Frank Akers, Board Member
Rural Retreat Depot Foundation

Moderator: