future 611 trips ??

Wed May 31 12:49:50 EDT 2017

It was my understanding that NS 'Sponsorship' had already ended? That this
years excursions were not under NS 'Sponsorship' meaning NS didn't fund any
of the costs associated with the trips. Is that correct? Or was I
misinformed?

73,
Nate

Bob,

Trips under NS sponsorship are ending but VMT is talking with Amtrak about
helping to
run trips starting next year. They would also like to expand the J's
footprint. Google WSLS
Channel 10 in Roanoke. There was a news story about this last week. Hope
this helps.

John DeRoo

Subject: future 611 trips ??
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 19:05:13 -0400

Has anyone heard of the future of any more trips either at the NC
Transportation Museum or on the NS mainline for next year?

I just got a message from "a good source" that said this year's trips,
i.e., Monday, May 29th is IT and no more afterwards.

Anyone else heard anything?

Bob Cohen