Painting of lineside structures

Mon Jul 10 04:49:43 EDT 2017

I am building some lineside support structures to go along with my N&W combination station from AMB/Roanoke Rails.  I'm aware of the different official station color schemes and their relative timelines.  My question is how quickly were other lineside structures (tool or handcar sheds, etc.) repainted as schemes changed? (particularly those that may not have been immediately adjacent to a station.)

What color set would be most appropriate for such structures in 1953?

Sincere thanks,
Brent