regional nomenclature question

Thu Nov 2 15:01:03 EDT 2017

Northern Virginia from Culpeper and north =  NOVA.

DC   =   Mordor  ( sometimes NOVA is part of Mordor)

Wytheville & suthwest from there,  Smyth country, Washington Country,
Grayson   = Mountain Empire,

All of the other far SWVA counties Lee, Russell, Tazewell,  were always
referred to as 'coalfields' .

"Where ever you are, remember, you are there. "
Have a good one !

rob in Philadelphia