North Fork mines

Sat Nov 18 14:21:04 EST 2017

Jim,

As I mentioned, my info goes back only to post-WWII. According to "North
Fork - Norfolk & Western Branch Line", Alex Schust and Mason Cooper, the
Greenbrier and McDowell mines shut down in 1934. The Indian Ridge mine
loadout was moved from the Bear Wallow Spur to Crumpler in 1930.

A note, the information on Maitland and Superior was limited by
relevance to the Huger Middle Track.

Grant Carpenter