ROW

Sat Dec 30 19:44:24 EST 2017

It is hard to get clear pictures along railroads these days due to
vegetation along the lines.  Photos from the 60's and before seem to be
mostly clear of such obstruction.  I have seen photos of "weed trains"
spraying the N&Ws ROW to keep down those pesky trees and such.  I was
wondering about the "reach" of those sprays i.e. how far from the tracks
would they have kept the growth suppressed?  When did they stop spraying or
limit their efforts to allow the current tree "infestation" that currently
exists?
Thanks,
Jim Cochran