4. Re: Weed spray and de-vegetation options (NW Mailing List)

Sat Jan 6 10:04:39 EST 2018

I may have missed part of this thread, but I can add that I remember
seeing weed-spray work trains in the mid-1950's on the Peavine
(Cincinnati-Portsmouth Line).  My dad had always said it was because
of the hot embers possible from the steam engines.  However the idea
of the signals and poles makes sense as well.  However, I don't recall
seeing those weed-spray trains after steam was gone on the Cincy Line
(1956 for Freight, and 1958 for Passenger Steam).
Greg Scholl
http://www.gregschollvideo.com