What is it

Sat Jan 13 12:31:03 EST 2018

Roger

  I understand flag and flag holders but this thing is taller between the flag holders and to the fireman’s side.  Only one on a locomotive.  I thought it might be some way to store flags but does not look large enough for that. And  then theres that large flat cap . What say Jim Blackstock.

Thanks much

Larry Evans