line poles

Sat Apr 14 23:02:41 EDT 2018

I would say they are traditional line poles, creosote treated for longevity.  They are too precise to be hacked out of trees.  And I agree with Jim Nichols.  Its the Abington branch.

--Rick Morrison
  Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2018 7:39 AM
  Subject: line poles

  There is currently a couple photos on Ebay taken from a branch line mixed train with a bunch of stock cars on the head end (?maybe Honaker?).  The thing that caught my eye were the "trees" along the line.  It looks like they might have been cut and might be being used as line poles.  Can anyone comment on whether this was actually practiced and if so, where and when.
  Thanks,
  Jim Cochran

  https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-NEGATIVE-A847-1950s-Norfolk-Western-Mixed-Cattle-Passenger-Pee-ew-2/312106523214?hash=item48aaff9a4e:g:3MQAAOSwX2xayt~3