Obituary of NWHS Archives Benefactor

Mon Jun 4 07:03:50 EDT 2018

Gordon,

Thanks for sharing these items.

I want to second John's motion regarding an article or two about the Christmas mail rush. From what I can piece together this was a big  deal continuing into the 1960s. I know that one or two of the passenger  trains coming off the Southern at Lynchburg had second sections devoted to mail  for two weeks or so in December each year.

   Ray Smoot