the graying of RR historical organizations and my 2 cents

Mon Jun 4 11:15:23 EDT 2018

I am 54 years old. I never had the opportunity to see a y6b in service. I became a fan of the N&W through toy trains by Lionel, then through Mr Link's photography, then model railroading. I grew up in CT and now live in Florida so I have no first hand knowledge. I joined the NWHS in the mid 90s and have enjoyed it very much. Life and family have always kept me from taking advantage of the yearly convention but I do read most of the posts on the mailing /modeling lists.

I can tell you that no matter your age or whether you are a steam fan like myself or not, one thing that translates to everybody is stories of how things were or are done.

My favorite issue of the Arrow is from 2004 and includes Ed King's article on Flagging instructions.

I have spent many hours re reading that article and using it for a basis to design model railroad operations.  Maps or aerial photography and good descriptive narrative go a long way toward holding my interest.

In short. I want to thank all of you who have contributed over the years.
And I would suggest more articles on any part of the railroad that describe how operations work.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks again

Tom Lewis