Gaining new members

Wed Jun 6 19:03:42 EDT 2018

Mike,

  This matter has been discussed between VP Dean Taylor and myself within the past few evenings. I agree with such a program or a modified version of something close to.  However,  the Dean and I are the Executive branch of the society and it would be unbecoming of us to implement such a policy without the approval of the board of directors as they are the Legislative branch.  Dean and I would have no problem executing this or any matter that the board of directors approve. Obviously, we will add this to our agenda for our 3Q meeting.

  Fret not though,   Dean and I have discussed sponsoring one new member respectively with money out of our own pocket. We will do this with the hopes that current directors and members will follow suit.  Leading by example could inspire all to do such and eliminate the need for any legislative processes.  To provide a bit of history, VP Taylor has sponsored quite a few folks in the past few years with his own personal funds and his dedication is without question.

  You are correct.  We can’t afford to not try a program of this nature and we have been spit-balling ideas. Dean, myself and the board of directors are ecstatic that this message board is exploding with messages and ideas about new membership which has also generated a spotlight on a problem that many societies are facing.  Thank you for your input and don’t hesitate to “run something up the flagpole”.

Regards,

Todd Arnett

President, NWHS