Ex-Wabash domes

Fri Jul 6 09:13:48 EDT 2018

James,

Happy to be of help.  But I made one error in the car list that I feel I should correct.  Wabash #1602 was not classified as a "Dome Coach."  It was a "Dome Parlor" car because it had a separate seating area under the dome aptly called "The Blue Bird Room."

According to the website, Passenger Car Photo Index, I have attempted to reconstruct the lineage of the two Pullman-built Dome cars.  But please keep in mind that after the cars left N&W service, I am uncertain of their precise subsequent ownership.  In other words, the post-N&W lineage may be out-of-order, chronologically.  Also, one or both cars may have been subsequently owned by another railroad that I have no knowledge of and is not listed.  In other words, the list may be incomplete:

Wabash #1602, to N&W #1602, to Central of Georgia #1602, to Southern #1602, to Missouri Pacific #893, to Illinois Central #2211.

Wabash #203, to N&W #1613, to Central of Georgia #1613, to Southern #1613, to Quebec North Shore and Labrador Railway (number unknown).

Bill King