Forty years ago

Tue Jul 10 09:31:35 EDT 2018

July 10, 1978 -- with respect to all N&W employees, do you remember where
you were that day ?  Skip ?  Jungle Jim ? Jimmy ?   Me ?  the Travel Bureau
had booked a flight for me Roanoke - Fort Wayne, and I had reserved a motel
room to layover for a drive to Montpelier the next day.  About 4 PM, word from
the Supt. of Transportation was transmitted -  "Nobody goes anywhere."  But
that night instead of Fort Wayne, I was on a chartered flight to Cleveland.
                                                                                   Harry Bundy