A Passenger Equipment Question

Mon Jul 16 11:20:30 EDT 2018

Abram,

You attribute too much to my railroad knowledge.  Inasmuch as I was not
involved in any way with passenger equipment during my career with the
N&W and NS, I really don't know the answers to your questions.  But, I
assume that the air brake work that you question was done at the Coach
Yard in Roanoke.

Gordon

On 7/16/2018 9:54 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> A question that perhaps only Mr. Hamilton can answer...
>

> Was all COT&S and IDT work on passenger equipment done at the little
> "Coach Yard" east of Randolph Street Bridge in Roanoke?
>

> I just can't see a passenger car being dragged to the shop track at
> Norfolk or Williamson or wherever for such things.  My guess is that
> someone kept track of the due dates on all passenger equipment and saw
> that it was cycled into the Roanoke Coach Yard for this work.
>

> And while we have Mr. Hamilton's magic answer machine cranked up,
> let's ask him whether the N&W continued to use the type UC triple
> valves on passenger equipment up until the end, or changed to some
> newer type.
>

> You have the floor, Senator Hamilton !
>

>                    -- abram burnett
>
> deputy asst. grand duke of the back yard turnip patch

---