Class J Aux Tender

Fri Jul 20 11:09:11 EDT 2018

The Bachman auxiliary tender is the closest match to what is currently used behind the locomotive, which originated behind an M1 'Big Emma' on the L & N.  To my knowledge, they only produced these back in the 80s and maybe 90s. You can find them on a regular basis on eBay, but being older molding technology the details are not as good as what is produced these.
Both Bachman and BLI also make auxiliary water tenders that resemble what was originally used back in the days of steam. You can get these both with and without the Tuscan stripe down the side.  The all-black with yellow gold lettering also looks really good behind an A or a Y, in case you need one for those two!
Will Sadler Salisbury NC
-------- Original message --------From: NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Date: 7/20/18  8:14 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: NW-Mailing-List at nwhs.org Cc: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Subject: Class J Aux Tender
There's been some discussion over the last couple weeks about Class J models.  I'm curious about the auxiliary tender that 611 carried during her excursion career.  BLI and Bachmann both offer a N&W auxiliary tender but I seem to recall one being the excursion tender and the other the revenue service tender.  Anyone have any insight? Josh Blevins Charlotte, NC