Fw: Uncle Pete - Railroad Slang

Sat Sep 1 20:48:17 EDT 2018

I keep seeing TV commercials about us Senior Citizens becoming more like our fathers as we age. Maybe I fall into that category. May I suggest before we make up more nicknames for our favorite railroads we know what their real names are first? Recently I purchased a vintage kerosene brakeman's lantern from an eBay seller. Before he listed it he must have asked someone what UP meant on the top lid when he couldn't find BOTTOM written on the bottom! By his own admission he thought UP meant up! True story! And yes, I purchased it for a good price!
Oh yeah (BTW) Ha!, Long live cursive writting!
Norris

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and
Lynchburg Rail Day Model Train Show Coordinator
744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908