items for sale and related announcements

Fri Nov 2 08:54:03 EDT 2018

I for one feel that a limited amount of independent item or items for
sale are not detrimental to the bigger picture. It is all part of who
and what we are.

On the other hand, a detailed list of many dozens of items for sale
whether from an independent seller or other dealer per se I find as
more of an issue. Making an announcement on the list telling the
readers to contact him or her under separate direct e-mails, is
however, constructive.

Likewise new product announcements, local and regional train shows and
such events around, whether they are N&W society participants or
otherwise are also constructive. Same for auction - make the
announcement - maybe list a handful of highlights and tell the readers
where they can get the full details are proper.

All the above are largely done by many if not most other yahoo or io.
type listings I read. I find the endless stream of basic repetitive
information, posting by posting by posting to be more of an annoyance
than anything else and like reasonable repartee back and forth as it
spurs interest, not hinders it.

I feel that restricting much of the above as being tantamount to be
limiting free speech and expression, but admit that even with what I
suggest, someone posting a list of many dozens or hundreds of items
for sale is NOT a productive element toward expression.

Keep it relatively short and to the point and direct readers where and
how to get more information should they be so interested, that makes
the most sense.

I could give examples pro and con of what I suggest and why, but I
think readers get the point. Let's keep in interesting without a lot
of clutter.

my 2 cents worth.

Bob Cohen