Selling personal items via the list

Fri Nov 2 16:48:25 EDT 2018

Now for the 10,000 lb elephant in the room question!.Non commercial only or not?Sorry guys but you all want this one answered before we take off doing this.Ray Russell Sr.

There seems to be an emerging consensus that, especially on the Modeling list, it should be permissible for a member simply to state that he/she has item(s) for sale and can be contact at (phone and/or email) for details.
That’s a reasonable compromise that I could support. I would not want to see posts that were like classified ads.
Dave Phelps

Greetings fellow N&WHS members,
 I would like to see us be able to offer our railroad related items both actual and models for sale. Keeping these items in the family so to speak is important to me and I'm sure many of you. I would just want the mailing list to be used as a means of the initial contact. I would not want the NW mailing list to be used to list the items for sale or trade. The NW mailing list is fine the way it is and has served it's original purpose well. I am happy to see that this topic is being discussed in a civil manner. A means to sell and/or trade our railroad related items is long over due. Collecting and preserving railroadiana along with modeling is an effective way to attract new members.
 Happy Holidays,
 Norris

 Norris Deyerle
 Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and
 Lynchburg Rail Day Model Train Show Coordinator
 744 Chinook Place
 Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908