N&W E2a 578 double header in New York Times?

Mon Nov 12 23:38:31 EST 2018

The last run of 5 and 6 might have very well taken place on April 4, 1959, but the run had been dieselized for some months before.  By the Spring of 1959, most if not all of the water stations on the Clinch had been eliminated, and neither of these engines has an auxiliary tank, meaning that they had to get water somewhere even with the 18,000 gallon tenders.  I still vote for the NRHS 1957 Convention.

EdKing