N&W E2a 578 double header in New York Times?

Tue Nov 13 11:29:09 EST 2018

The 1957 NRHS convention was held Labor Day weekend.  The trip on the Clinch Valley took place May 4, 1957.  The Southern Region of NRHS previously had sponsored a tour from Washington to the Abingdon branch in Autumn 1956.  This according to the June 1957 N&W Magazine article.

--Rick Morrison
  Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 10:04 AM
  Subject: Re: N&W E2a 578 double header in New York Times?

  I cannot give and exact date as all of my farthers time books were throw away during a bitter divorce. My brother Allen Evans may be able to fill in those blanks. But I do believe that it was part of the Nrhs convention 57. There is quite a bit of footage of that trip in Pocahontas 8
  From the date my Dad hired out til his retirement I had 52years of time books. No my family was not kin to Clyde but my father knew him. Our family took the name Taylor after the civil war because my great grandfather and his brothers would not surrender to the union nor sign a oath of loyalty. Hence they took thier mothers maiden name after her brutal murder by the hands of the army of northern aggression.
  Dean Taylor

  Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone