Dandy Conklin, One of the First Train Despatchers, and his Connection to Bristol

Tue Nov 20 11:18:25 EST 2018

Mr. Burnett,
Thank you for your reply.  I enjoyed our visit at the depot.  Wish we had had more time but you were a busy man that day.  My grandfather, Boston Huddle, was the freight clerk at the depot for a time prior to my arrival.  I am not sure of the exact dates that he worked there.  I was only a year old when he passed in 1954.  I don't know if he knew the code or not.  My father and older brother were both "hams" and that is where I learned the radio version.  The railroad code is certainly a different language.
I will follow up on the information that you provided in your reply.
Thanks again.
Rick Huddle
Delaware, OH