N&W boxcars without doors

Tue Nov 27 20:00:23 EST 2018

Here's a photo I took in Roanoke from March 1987 with an N&W (ex-Wabash
lettering showing through) that has the doors removed and white powdery
cargo showing as I think you're describing. I think the car number is NW
306761 and was by itself in this train. Maybe it was nearing the end of its
service life? I made a model of this, which was fun to try to replicate. I
especially like the rusty WAB lettering showing through.

Phil Miller
Fredericksburg VA