Louis Newton

Wed Nov 28 14:45:24 EST 2018

This past Monday I enjoyed a visit with Sybil and Louis Newton in the
lobby of their assisted living condo here in Roanoke.  This get together
was also attended by their two daughters and some friends of Sybil and
Louis.  The occasion was to wish Sybil and Louis well on their
relocation to an assisted living condo in Charlotte, NC, where their two
daughters live.  Louis and Sybil left yesterday for their new home in
Charlotte.  Many in the NWHS know Louis for his four-volume set of
books, _Rails Remembered_, largely based on his outstanding career with
the N&W, and for his articles in "The Arrow."  He is also remembered for
his loyal work at the Roanoke archives until health restrictions
dictated otherwise.  I'm sure that others join me in wishing Sybil and
Louis the very best in their new home.

When I receive their new address, I'll post it here.

Gordon Hamilton

---