Clean out tracks

Wed Dec 5 09:09:49 EST 2018

I don't believe the Southern version lifted the box lid.  In that era, when
inbound trains were inspected, box lids were lifted in the receiving yard
and journals inspected for waste grabs, etc. and came over the hump with
lids up.  There was an inspector in a pit who looked at the underneath of
the cars and if a very rare (at that time) roller or sleeve bearing car came
up he'd act to keep the squirter from doing that car.

Ed King
-----Original Message----- I