Clean out tracks

Wed Dec 5 16:41:03 EST 2018

Ed (my buddy Shop Inspector on the Shaffers Crossing shop track a few
years ago),

I had not seen this email from you when I posted my recollections on the
innovative clean out arrangement with a "mule train" between two strings
of box cars.  I should have realized that you are the one who would
remember the arrangement.  I am glad that you explained that the
extended platforms were placed on G-1 gondolas because I never would
have visualized that this would have placed the platform at the right
height for box car floors. Also, it makes sense that a Trackmobile
(presumably operated by carmen) would have been used to move the "mule
train" instead of a yard engine.

Thanks for the memories,

Gordon Hamilton

---