When the N&W Changed Its Gauge

Fri Dec 28 15:39:04 EST 2018

This article is only one of many N&W historical articles that Frank
Helvestine wrote for the N&W Magazine, starting with an article in the
first issue of the Magazine, June 1923.  He was chief clerk to several
N&W vice presidents.  Another Frank Helvestine (son? grandson?) was a
machinist at Shaffers Crossing roundhouse when I worked there.  I later
saw in the Roanoke newspaper where the younger Helvestine was involved
in some unpleasant legal matter.

Gordon Hamilton

On 12/17/2018 5:28 PM, NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List wrote:
> I hope that you enjoy the article attached.
>
> Happy holidays,
>
> Frank

---