Newspaper Research

Mon Jan 21 11:49:50 EST 2019

Bruce, thanks for that... and I do use VC quite a bit lately for some of my
scouting history research, but haven't really exhausted it yet for the
Rorer stuff. VC has somewhat sketchy coverage in places for this period of
early Roanoke history, as does Newspapers.com, but I'm still digging. I
also need to start triangulating my sources, I'm sure you've already done,
by looking for articles about Roanoke in the Danville, Lynchburg, and
Richmond papers.

If you have any good links to chancery court records for Virginia, and
corporation history, I'm all ears. I've been advised by a friend to go in
that direction for some of this early Roanoke business information that did
not make it into the newspapers.

Stephen Warren
Roanoke