Broken loco driver spokes

Mon Jan 28 08:01:46 EST 2019

It would be quite an event for driver spokes to fail. They are part of a
casting that is held in compression by the tires. Almost seems a tire
would have to come off to expose the spokes to forces that would break
them. That said, a poor casting might fail, and we should note that some
early locomotives had wooden or composite spokes that were far weaker
than castings.

     WJPowers