Train Station? Green Goat Restaurant

Tue Apr 2 18:20:29 EDT 2019

 Kevin,
The "Wasena Station" you found was built new for the Roanoke Transportation Museum. The building, along with many other exhibits, was damaged badly during the "Flood of "85", which also created much havoc in the Roanoke Valley.
Some time after the flood, Norfolk Southern gave the Museum, now Virginia Museum of Transportation. its present location in the N&W Freight Station.
Jeff Sanders

 I'm looking for some Roanoke area history.
There is a restaurant in the old Wasena Park area of Roanoke called the Green Goat. It sits near the intersection of Winona Avenue, Wiley Drive, and 8th Street ... just off what I assume is the Roanoke Belt Line.
In a Google Maps view the architecture looks strikingly railroad station like.
I see (through several Google search results), it is referred to as the Wasena Station and formerly housed the Va Museum of Transportation. I couldn't find much else.
Does anyone know if this was either a N&W or VGN station. Was it always located there? Any history (pre VMT), one could provided, would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kevin ByrdChesterfield, VA ________________________________________