Whence the coal

Sun Apr 7 19:36:16 EDT 2019

Made it to the Bluefield area this weekend go to do a little exploring.
Attached are photos of the loading facility near Ennis.  I have seen the
entrance many times as I have passed by on 52 heading West, but had never
investigated.  All the coal appears to be trucked in and then loaded into
hoppers.  There are a couple units for shifting cars/cuts.  Does anyone
have any information on where the coal that is loaded here originates?  I
would have thought all the coal in this area would have been long gone by
this point.  Any information would be appreciated.
Jim Cochran