Whence the coal

Tue Apr 9 21:28:23 EDT 2019

The majority of coal going to this facility at Switchback comes from a
mountain top strip mine located above/to the west  of the tipple/loadout.
Look at the map provided at the attached internet address.  Go to the photo
view and the mine is clearly visible.  I spent several days shooting trains
between Panther and Bluefield a couple of weeks ago (one of my several
trips each year to the area).  We have operations at the Switchback
facility since it was initially put into operation.

Ed Painter: member #70 from Narrows, VA living in Cohutta, GA

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Switchback,+WV+24808/@37.3712248,-81.4031676,8161m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x884e49019607a7a5:0x1dca35dee524c04!8m2!3d37.3712266!4d-81.385658