Big Spring current image

Fri Apr 19 11:46:08 EDT 2019

Might be that locals refer to the entire watershed as the ‘spring’. It’s only about a half mile long from source to Roanoke River. It appears that watercress has pretty well spread the entire length of it (passing under Rt. 11/460).  Now I’m intrigued about the other slightly larger body of water that Ray mentioned whose source is between the highway and the tracks and about a quarter mile west of Big Spring. Curious if that is spring fed also.       John Garner