The Archives Needs Your Help!

Fri Apr 19 12:41:13 EDT 2019

The Norfolk and Western Historical Society is looking for members help. To expand our database, we are requesting, for the archives. The society is currently looking for the following titled form: “Norfolk & Western Dispatcher’s Record of Movement of Trains”. This is N&W form C.T. 544. There is one page per day. While we are looking for any geographical area, we are especially the states of Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio and Pennsylvania. There can be several different locations in the same state. We are also interested in any date range, this is a record that we can track locomotives and special moves. While not always dramatic, they can certainly be interesting.

There are also some other forms that we can utilize for data collection, such as detailed time books, daily reports, conductors reports of train delays, even the computer print outs of consists of trains. All these can help add to the database of what was where on certain dates. Bob Bowers has compiled an amazing database of caboose and locomotive data, a lot of this has come from such documents.

The charts may be donated or placed on loan for scanning and return. Please contact us at: archives at nwhs.org <mailto:archives at nwhs.org>

Thanks for your help!