Railroad in U.K.

Mon Apr 22 15:05:25 EDT 2019

Hi Peter

It sounds as if you are restricted to the locations you mention. That's a
pity as I would agree with Dave that the National Railway Museum at York is
a 'must see'. In London there is the London Transport Museum in Covent
Garden (in central London). In Liverpool there is the Museum of Liverpool at
the Pier Head. The most interesting exhibit is a reconstruction of part of
the Liverpool Overhead Railway. There is nothing in Dublin worth visiting.
The so called Transport Museum of Ireland is mainly buses and road vehicles.
However, if you were visiting Belfast you would be able to visit the Ulster
Folk Museum at Cultra not far outside the city. It's the best museum in
Ireland!

Regards

Bob Gellatly

Sheffield