Gary Price

Wed Jun 26 11:22:26 EDT 2019

I’m sure that the rest of the N&WHS members are glad to hear from Gary Price. Long time members like Gary helped form the society into the sound group that it is today. I may be out of touch regarding which members are recognized for their contributions to the society. For years at the annual conventions awards were given out for numerous contributions to our society. Such as the “Precision Transportation” award, best N&W or VGN model or the best “Arrow” article, etc. Did those members like Gary that were involved in hosting our conventions even get their name on a plaque in the archives for future members to see? As they say nowadays to have “full disclosure” I will admit that this question is closer to home for me. Charlie Long and I co-hosted the N&WHS Lynchburg Convention. To my knowledge I don’t think there is a plaque in the archives listing the names of all of the hosts though the years. If there is no such recognition plaque then I propose one is made. Hosting one convention can easily involve over one year of preparations.
Who knew as soon as I said the former Saltville, Va. Major’s nickname was “Pork Chop” that it was actually “T-Bone”? Ha! Thanks Gary for being such a loyal member. Get well soon my friend. Our prayers are with you!
Best,
Norris

Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners and
Lynchburg Railroad Day 2019 Model Train Show Worker - Train Show Date: Saturday, August 10, 2019
LRD 2019 Vendor Tables Rental Info: www.blueridgenrhs.org
744 Chinook Place
Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908