N&W and Dynamic Brakes

Thu Jun 27 00:07:49 EDT 2019

As a follow up to the fact that the N&W didn't modify any NKP or WAB motors
with Dynamic Breaks.................the former NKP and WAB road motors
almost always stayed on the Lake and Western Regions (former NKP and WAB)
where the railroad was basically flat.  As such in those days railroads in
general saw little value for the use of dynamic brakes in flat land.

Ed Painter - Member #70 from Narrows, VA living in Cohutta, GA