Are there any documented N&W staged wrecks?

Tue Jul 2 09:03:49 EDT 2019

In 1896 there was a staged head on collision in Fairfield County, Ohio on the Hocking Valley Railroad.,it was attended by about 20,000 near the fairgrounds and was a successful business venture from ticket sale revenue. Not on the N&W but close. You can find this and other staged wrecks on the web.

   Ray Smoot

Sent from my iPad

I came across this article about the spectacle of staging train wrecks as entertainment between the 1890s and 1930s. Are there any accounts of these events being held with old N&W locomotives?

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/staged-train-wrecks

Fascinating article - I’ve read about a lot of fads in the 20th Century, but had no idea this was one of them!

Stephen Warren
Roanoke