SD60

Mon Jul 8 11:55:51 EDT 2019

I for one do not understand why this dialog about the EPA is being
allowed.  If I wanted to read about politics, there are lots of other
venues for such.
Having said that, I’m not impressed by the tarring of the EPA.  The skies
over Pittsburg did not heal themselves, we the citizens became very
concerned about our health and politicians responded, in fact Nixon started
the Clean Air Act as I recall.  Scientists studied, rules were set, skies
cleared.  The work continues.
Coal mining continues where it is profitable.  Ergo, 90% of our nations
coal is dug in Wyoming.  And that coal has to compete with natural gas.  I
used to work as a yard master on the Pokey Division, I enjoy watching long
trains and big power pulling and pushing as much as any rail fan, but
nostalgia is not a reason to continue doing what we have learned is
deleterious to our health and or our children’s future.  May the best
energy source win as we adapt to it.
David Ray